New Meeting Registrations
Cancellations and Change Forms
The information on this page is from the Overeaters Anonymous World Service Website. Visit www.OA.org , the OA website for additional forms, as well as to information on how to start a new meeting.
Register a new face-to-face meeting or make changes to your existing meeting by using the registration/change form available on the oa.org website.
Telephone Meeting Changes:
Register or change information for online meetings at www.oa.org.
Use the contact information below for help if further assistance is needed.
Suffolk County New Groups : Please contact: Paradee99@aol.com to add new meetings to the meeting list.
Please send an email to Doria @ Paradee99@aol.com to add new meetings to our website.
The Suffolk County Intergroup number is 09036. Please put this on the registration form.
It is critical that the World Service Office be kept informed of any changes to your meeting such as contact name and number, secretary’s address, changes to time, day and location of your meeting. Newcomers and members will not be able to find your meeting if they do not have current information to give them.
To change current group information, complete sections A, B and any other applicable section. (Use link above to download form.) Please note that county and zip code are now required in Section D: Meeting Location, as we build our database to eventually offer searches by these fields.
• Print one copy for your records; make an additional copy for your intergroup if required.
• Groups outside the US, please use the international version of this form.
• Please provide the full address of your meeting location, including county and zip code.
• IMPORTANT NOTE: If you are the contact for your meeting, your first name and phone number only will be listed on the Web site. Please select another contact person if you do not want to be listed online, or list the local intergroup phone number. Every group must have a contact person.
• Please include the group secretary's full name and address. Full names and addresses are published within the Fellowship only and will not appear online. The WSO needs this information to mail vital OA correspondence to registered groups.
• Use this form for all future changes to your group's information. All group registrations and changes are made in the order in which they are received. Please allow three to four weeks for processing. Thank you.
By submitting this form to the WSO, your group is agreeing to comply with Tradition Three and OA Bylaws, Subpart B, Article V as stated below.
The only requirement for OA membership is a desire to stop eating compulsively.
OA Bylaws, Subpart B, Article V—OVEREATERS ANONYMOUS GROUPS
a).1. As a group, they meet to practice the Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of OA.
2. All who have a desire to stop eating compulsively are welcome in the group.
3. No member is required to practice any actions in order to remain a member or to have a voice (share at a meeting).
4. As a group, they have no affiliation other than OA.
a). A group may be formed by two (2) or more persons meeting together as set forth in Article V, Section 1.